Monday, September 23, 2013

A Commission!

Nothing like a commission to make an artist feel like an artist.  This was a fun one because I was able to see the space where it was going to go, talk with the client about color choices and her vision.  It helps that she likes my work so it was so rewarding to work for her.

It is a large painting... 48 x 60" which is bigger than anything I have done before.  My first challenge was finding a place to paint!  After some rearrangement in my studio, I was able to cover the wall and prop it up on a table.    Then paint to canvas.



Getting paint on the canvas.  Whites, grays, buff and a few sprays of alcohol ink



Finished!  

Limited edition reproductions are in my Etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun process, and scary, maybe, with a big canvas to fill........sortof like a mystery as you stick your toe in at first, then a little (lovely) chaos, then emerging with something complete and refined. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete