Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spreading the Joy

Anyone who messes with art or in any creative endeavor, knows how it is so satisfying to the soul.  One day I had my grandson and granddaughter over for a couple of hours in the afternoon. My grandson was out of sorts.  Very irritable and verbally cranky.  His stream of crankiness continued as I set up an art experience for them on the back deck.  BUT... the minute he picked up the paint brush and put it to paper his demeanor changed, the tension went out of him and his heart became playful.  It was an A-Mazing transformation and a good reminder to me how much we NEED creative outlets.



Happiness








Makes my heart sing.   And remember.... when I am cranky, send me to my art room.

Here's another session with my 3 year old granddaughter.  She was very busy using glue and sequins.  









I love her intensity.



I love her intensely.
Beauty in my Art room.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful grand-children Jean, you must be bursting with pride!
    It just goes to show how important creativity is to our emotional well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful children - i bet they love visiting you!

    ReplyDelete